Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Indoor Shoot Setup

I've had several people ask what the setup was for the lifestyle shoot I shot last week so I thought I'd tell you guys in case you wanted to try it out.

For the shoot I had 2 Profoto Acute 2 1200 packs and 2 strobes. It was a very simple setup. One light was outside at a 45 degree angle to the window. It was set pretty hot so that it would blow out the window and look like direct sunlight beaming in. For the other one, I didn't want it to look like artificial light so it was never in a direct line with the couple. It was always around walls, through doors, with the light bouncing around before it got to the couple. It took a little playing around to get the right amount of fill from the inside strobe. We just played with the positioning and the ratios and after a little experimentation we liked what we had. Both the strobes were triggered wirelessly by pocket wizards. I also had a few white foam core reflectors that I used for fill if needed. You can get foam core at pretty much any pro-photography store, its super cheap and the quality of the light off of them is way better than those silver or gold 5-in-1 reflectors.

That was it. Once you get it right you can just shoot away and you have awesome, consistent light. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home