Saturday, January 05, 2008

Grace Ormonde

I'm not dead. There were a couple of days over the holidays when I was so sick I wanted to be, and one when I thought I was going to die but I'm here... alive and kicking.

Sorry for the blog drought.

A few months ago Grace Ormonde contacted me asking if I had any detail pictures I wanted to submit to them for editorial. I happened to be having lunch with my good friend, wedding-coordinator-extraordinaire, Karli Tanner that day and I mentioned that they had contacted me. I guess that got Karli's wheels turning and in about a week she put together the most insane display of table designs I've ever seen. I shot about 15 tables that day designed by Karli and a few other of LA's top designers and the next week sent the images into Grace.

I heard from the photo editor a few times regarding the images but they would never say whether the images were actually going to make the magazine... only that, "there is a good chance they will be in there".

When we arrived home from San Antonio from the holidays there was a package sitting on our porch. I wasn't expecting anything so I had no idea what it was. I opened it up to see that it was 2 advance copies of the new Grace Ormonde Wedding Style Magazine. I flipped through it to find that not only did they make the magazine but it was the opening spread of the tabletop section. A full 2 page spread.



Pretty exciting. I have a LOT of stuff to blog so I promise not to take so long between posts. In fact one of my resolutions is to blog 15 times a month. So here's 1 down... 14 to go.

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Blogger dapotato said...

congrats! the shots you posted previously on your blog were great. grace ormonde's magazine is such a great resource, too.

12:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Awesome! They look great!

1:18 PM  
Blogger david said...

way to be, norwood

5:19 PM  
Blogger tyler hoehne said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

6:08 PM  
Blogger STEVE DePINO said...

Nice!!!!
now thats a great gift to find your door step...
Great work on those photos!

7:59 AM  
Blogger Tiffany Aicklen said...

AAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!! I think that I might be more excited that you are! My breathe caught in my chest! I am so so glad for you! It's only the begining my friend.

12:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Crongrats again my friend. If you keep getting published in mags then I will slowly stop posting "congrats" emails and I will grow bored with your success...

7:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats!

1:57 AM  
Blogger Amelia . Lyon said...

Seriously...Congratulations on this! LUCKY!

10:12 PM  
Blogger Melissa Rich said...

yeah!!!! just got my Grace in the mail...and, well, MAD PROPS!!!!!! that's is sweet!!! nicely done :)

4:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home