Tuesday, September 12, 2006

A whole lotta shootin' goin' on.

I have been so busy the last month but in the past week I've gotten a little behind in my "blogging". I'd like to apologize to all of my faithful readers... both of you. While I haven't been posting in the last week, I have been busy shooting, editing, meeting, going to conferences, training a possible new assitant, among other things. So stick with me tonight... this is going to be a lengthy post.

Last Monday I shot Erica and Bobby's wedding at the Huntington Beach Hyatt. It was a beautiful wedding planned by event coordinator Michelle McFarlane of Annie M. Events. Every last detail was thought of and planned out and it went flawlessly.

I also got to be paparazzi for the day. The bride's soon to be stepmom is the amazingly talented and prolific actress Loretta Devine. You've seen her in TONS of stuff... from TV shows "Everybody Hates Chris" and "Boston Public" to movies like "What Women Want" and the Academy Award winning "Crash". What really made her a celebrity to me though is her role on my favorite show, "Grey's Anatomy", playing the chief of surgery's wife. You can see a pic of her below.














Oh my gosh, could they can dance!


Saturday Tyler and I drove down to Manhattan Beach to shoot Olivia and Jose's wedding. You might remember I shot their engagement pics at The Getty Center a few weeks ago. What a great wedding. They had the ceremony in the church they grew up in and they were married by their youth minister. They have been together more than 8 years, going all the way back to high school. The reception was at the Ayres Hotel and it was beautiful. The whole hotel is decorated and designed in this rennaissance theme and it was an awesome place for pictures.












I've been talking for a while about getting some extra help shooting and editing but could never find the right person. Tyler does an awesome job shooting on the weekends with me but being in school still, he doesn't have a lot of time during the week. A while ago Tyler introduced me to his cousin Travis so we've been friends for sometime now but I never thought to ask him if he'd like to help. On Sunday though we went to church together and then out to lunch. Over the course of the conversation he offered to help out if I ever needed anyone. Turns out I needed help that night. I invited him to come along to Marlene and Mario's engagement session and he did a great job. We went over to Riverside to the Mission Inn. What an amazing place. Every time I'm there I find more places to shoot.










Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Christine Farah Photography said...

Well THANK you I have been checking in and you have not been entertaining me Mr. Norwood! I need my weekly fix!!!

9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home