Friday, January 25, 2008

It crackled!

(edited because Kenny's post is way better than mine)

I got a call tonight from my friend Mike Colon asking if I wanted to come over and play poker with some of the people who attended his workshop this week. I'm always down for poker so I was definitely in. Well I wasn't prepared for what I witnessed. My buddy Kenny Kim has done a way better job of detailing the event so I hijacked his post about it from his blog... hope you don't mind Kenny! Check out his site and blog too. He's an awesome photographer from the Chicago area.

Here's Kenny's account:

I just witnessed something unbelievable. I'm not even sure if I should blog about it but I think the whole world needs to know what just happened. We all know that Mike Colón's Experience Workshop has made an impact on so many photographers. We just finished with his 8th workshop and this one was no different. But for one person, that impact will last for lifetime...literally.

Disclaimer: What you are about to witness was not, in any way, condoned by Mike Colón. It was voluntarily done by one of his workshop attendees, Phillip Glickman from Envisionography.

Synopsis: During the second day of our workshop, one of the attendees, Nathan, noticed that Mike had his logo branded on his belt. Mike explained to us that he has a branding iron made of his logo. Phillip told us that he also has a brand of the Christian fish on his left thigh. He then told us that he would brand Mike's logo on his other leg if someone dared him. Obviously no one took him seriously. So we thought..."


On the last night of our workshop, Phillip decided to put his money where his mouth is and decided to BRAND Mike's logo on his thigh. I'll let the photos tell you the rest of the story...






It was so hot that we actually heard the skin 'pop' and smelled the burning flesh!







Gnarly! David Escalante videoed the whole thing and will have it online pretty soon! I'll let you know when.

I came in second in poker tonight. I played good and won a little bit of money but got called in some crazy situations in the final hands to lose the heads up match.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger treverhoehne said...

what the heck is that?!?!

11:11 PM  
Blogger treverhoehne said...

hahah..... thats nuts.... from the only picture you posted last night tyler, josh and I all thought you had an alien in your stomach

8:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Crazy! That HAD to hurt.

Hey man I'm itchin' to lose some more money so let me know when you guys are gonna play poker again!

10:33 PM  
Blogger nickonken said...

@treverhoehne That's called drinking the koolaid... ;) lol.

5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home