Thursday, January 11, 2007

Cornucopia of Canon




































Today the UPS man came and delivered a veritable cornucopia of Canon goodness. Most of you won't quite grasp the significance of this event but its a pretty huge deal for me and my photography.

Nikon is the arch-nemesis of Canon and in the fiercely competitive photography market, while there may be a dozen or so brands, there are only two considered by professionals... Canon and Nikon. Until today I was a Nikon shooter. Unlike most people, I think both brands have strengths and weaknesses and until recently I've held to the belief that Nikon's strengths outweighed their weaknesses. Well nothing has really changed but Canon released a lens last month that swung me over to their side. The 50mm 1.2. So with all of the other things Canon has going for them this was enough to make me reconsider my loyalty. It seems like Canon is being more innovative and I want in on that.

So I'm now officially shooting Canon and couldn't be more excited.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger treverhoehne said...

like i said......the canon angels are rejoicing.....hehe

10:45 PM  
Blogger david said...

dork.

10:51 PM  
Blogger Michael Norwood said...

Hahaha! I am a dork.

11:49 PM  
Blogger tyler hoehne said...

welcome to the light side, and that 85 has my name all over it... brides watch out for t hoehne photography....

11:55 PM  
Blogger mike Carpenter said...

That's quite the impessive box o' goodies Michael!
Although doesn't it seem weird taking pictures of canon gear with a nikon?

8:17 PM  
Blogger Zack!!! said...

Hey Mike remember that one time you gave me crap for swithing to Canon? Well... i can't really give you any because you made the right choice. congras on the switch!

12:03 AM  
Blogger Amelia . Lyon said...

So glad to have you part of the Canon team!!!! So excited to shoot with you today too!

10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home