Monday, December 03, 2007

More from NY

Tonight Cyndie and I went to dinner in Greenwich Village at Perilla, Harold Dieterle's retaurant. Harold was the winner of the first season of Top Chef and when I found out he'd opened a restaurant here in the city I made sure we had reservations during our trip. Top Chef is one of my favorite shows and Harold has been my favorite contestant so far. It was a really awesome meal.

Hung, the winner of this season's Top Chef was also one of my favorites and I've been trying to keep tabs on him, seeing if he's going to open a restaurant as well. Before he won Top Chef he was the Executive Sous Chef at a restaurant in Las Vegas so I've been hoping he'd open one there that I could visit on one of my trips there.

Well, as we were eating Cyndie looked up and said, "Is that Harold?" Sure enough it was. He was talking to the people a table over from us. So I looked over to see who was so important that the Chef would come out of the kitchen to greet them. It was Hung! 1 table over from us. I fought the urge to make small talk with celebrities knowing how annoying it must be to not be able to eat a meal in peace. It was fun enough just to see them.

After dinner we walked around for a while and found ourselves in Washington Square, the site of the huge arch that they show on Friends all the time. So Cyndie and I took some pictures there. I just had our point and shoot so the quality is kind of eh.

I've been reminded many times that Cyndie's never been on the blog. Well, here she is in all of her glory!

After we got back to the apartment we jumped on iChat and said goodnight to Makenzie before she went to bed. I know video chat has been around for a while but how how freaking cool is it? Its an awesome way to keep in touch and help Makenzie feel ok with us being gone.

Not sure why this one makes her look like she has no teeth but its funny anyway.

Check back tomorrow for more fun in Manhattan!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh. Cyndie looks beautiful in those pictures! I hope you guys are having a wonderful time! Love you tons. -Britt

12:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, Brittany stole my thunder...I was totally going to say, "oh my gosh, Cyndie looks BEAUTIFUL in those pictures!!! You're pretty cute youself. :) MOM

6:56 AM  
Blogger Blah Blah said...

Wow.. it looks cold there in NY. I miss the east coast this time of year. It was about 70+ here today in Irvine. Great E.Session also!

9:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great pics. I agree that Cyndie looks beautiful. :) Enjoy your trip!

7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home