Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Hope, Coffee and Melody

Back when I was a musician I was recording an album and I had a guy produce it named Robbie Seay. He became a friend and in the past few years I've gotten to watch as his career has taken off. He recently had one of his songs featured on the American Idol commercials which was pretty cool. Anyway, most of his songs, in some way or another, have the theme of hope woven throughout them. He's even got the word "hope" tattooed on his arm.

A few weeks ago I blogged about finding out that Cyndie and I were expecting another child. We were thrilled to say the least, and the amazing friends and family around us made that even sweeter by celebrating along with us. A few days ago we realized things weren't going well with the pregnancy and shortly after Cyndie miscarried. Needless to say, we were and are devastated and again the people around us shared in our disappointment and have showered us with love.

After we learned of the miscarriage I was in the car driving to a shoot and put on Robbie's new album to listen to. One song in particular stood out to me, New Day. There's a part in it that says:
" I know it might seem that the world is crumbling, but it's me and you dancing in the kitchen at 2am, and we're still alive. And it might not be the prettiest thing that you've ever seen but its a new day. And it might not look like a beautiful sunrise, but its a new day."

It might be cheesy to gain solace from a song but I did. We're surrounded by amazing friends and family and there's always hope for tomorrow.
The first and last line of that song is:
"I'm gonna sing this song, to let you know that you're not alone. And if you're like me you need hope, coffee and melody."

That pretty much sums it up.
Hit the backwards play button to start the song. (2nd from the left)

Labels:

14 Comments:

Blogger AmyC said...

I'm so sorry, you guys. I know how much you wanted this, and I cannot imagine the loss you're feeling. Please know that you are both in our prayers.

1:48 PM  
Blogger treverhoehne said...

Amen brotha! .. it is a new day. we love you guys

2:10 PM  
Blogger Nic Burleson said...

Norwood,
I am sorry brother. Know that although we can't imagine the hurt ya'll are dealing with, our hearts mourn with you. We're praying to the God of comfort and peace.

2:12 PM  
Blogger mike Carpenter said...

True! It happens when it's right! Great song, great words.

4:16 PM  
Blogger Curt Coffey said...

I don't have words to express how my heart aches for you guys. We love you.

4:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am praying for you both. I am so very sorry.

5:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love you guys, wish I could shoulder some of the grief for you both. My phone is always on if you want to talk through some stuff.

11:54 PM  
Blogger Celebrating You! said...

You and Cyndie are so blessed to have each other and Makenzie. Celebrate each day with them and when the time is right, He will let you know.

3:12 AM  
Blogger Tiffany Aicklen said...

It is so amazing that we get a new day. What a gift. We love you guys.

9:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know I've already said it, but Holly and I love you guys. We have and will continue to pray for you and Cyndie... and what a perfect song!

11:05 AM  
Blogger Dogeared said...

I'm so sorry to hear about the miscarriage. I can't even begin to imagine what it must be like for all of you. Hugs and thoughts from a stranger won't even make a dent in what you must be feeling but know that I am sending them for you all [hug]

11:47 AM  
Blogger Joanne Fowler said...

Praying for you all. We've been there too many times. Heal as you need to and know you are loved and thought of. Thank you for giving to others, let others give to you too. {{{hugs}}}

1:36 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

Hi Michael,
My heart aches for you both. I am so sorry to hear of the miscarriage.

However, if it makes you feel any better, I ENVY you guys. You have it all, love, a life partner, and a GORGEOUS little girl. And you guys have each other to go through life with. That is my dream for myself.

My prayers and thougts are with you.

Your cousin,
Sara

p.s. LOVE the Robbie Seay band..what a perfect song!

8:10 AM  
Blogger sandie jo salisbury said...

My heart is with you guys. So sorry to hear the sad news. YOu aren't at all cheesy. Songs are what got Alex and I through our misscarraige. Well that and our little girl smiling up at us! :)awsome-ly perfect song for your situation!

9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home