Friday, March 23, 2007

Studio Photography

No, not the kind you're thinking of.

Last month I had the pleasure of shooting some promo shots for the Los Angeles Guitar Quartet. Last week they were recording their new album up in beautiful Marin County, north of San Francisco, and they invited me up to get some shots of them recording for their album artwork.

Cyndie and I decided we'd make a trip of it so we packed up, put Makenzie in the car and drove up. Cyndie's parents live up there so they hung out there while I was working.

On Wednesday I drove up to Skywalker Sound, the studio, which happens to be on Skywalker Ranch. Funny name for a Ranch, huh? Unless its owned by George Lucas. The place was unbelievable. This was a special treat for me. Not only did I get to go there and photograph them at an incredible location, I used to own a recording studio in my former life. So I was just in heaven. All of the things I dreamed of having in my studio were right in front of me. Also, I got a lot of "less than talented" groups coming to record at my studio so being in this world class studio, with some of the greatest musicians in the world was just incredible. I love my job.

Here are a few images from the day. This was right outside the studio.














Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger AmyC said...

Cool shots, Michael. That first one would make a GREAT stock shot.

6:43 PM  
Blogger Christine Farah Photography said...

Very cool! You get to do some really neat things....I am totally jealous. Now post more pictures for us blogstalkers!!!

10:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you get to talk to the rock on your way into the ranch? It's pretty cool.

9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home