Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Angela

Last September I shot Erica and Bobby's wedding, (which also happens to be the wedding featured in Ceremony Magazine this month) there I met Angela, the sister of the bride. She is graduating from UNLV this semester and wanted some graduation photos. We made plans to shoot her pictures at 3:30 in the afternoon in the beautiful late afternoon light around Union Station in Downtown Los Angeles.

Well hair appointments ran late, make-up appointments ran late and there was an accident that shut down the 405 that afternoon so we didn't get to start shooting until about 4:45pm, only 15minutes before the sun went down. I'm a natural light photographer. I don't like shooting with flash, especially on camera flash. It doesn't make for the most natural photographs and alot of the time its pretty unflattering as well. So when we went inside to continue shooting after dark I was a little discouraged but I know that part of being a professional photographer is making good images with the circumstances your given so I was determined to get something good from the shoot.

When I came home and looked at the images I could not have been more pleased, Angela was a great "model" and I just love the images that came from the shoot. Here are a few of my favorites.







Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger AmyC said...

So...you used a flash on some of these!?! These are awesome. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE #3. WAY cool...

8:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful pictures!

12:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home