Thursday, April 05, 2007

Just for fun.

Tonight I decided to get out from behind the computer and go shoot just for fun. I don't do this very often but I'm going to try to do it a lot more. Before I was a full time photographer I went out almost everyday to shoot. It was what I thought about, what I read about, it was all I wanted to do. Now that I've been full time almost a year it seems like the only time I shoot is when I'm working. I do shoot A LOT for work but I feel like I need to shoot for myself sometimes to remember why I loved photography in the first place.

So tonight I jumped in the car and started driving hoping to find some inspiration. I ended up at the harbor in Dana Point, a little disappointed because it got cloudy right about the time I went out but I still got a few cool shots.



Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Eric and Lori Riley said...

Seriously, those are very good photos. I love the one with the rope, nice composition, the wood looks really awesome. I followed a trial from a good friend of mine Tiffany Aicklen to find your stuff. Tiff had some great stuff to say about you. I am just breaking into the video end of business and looking for some good success stories.

Eric Riley
Resplendent Media Co.

5:54 PM  
Blogger treverhoehne said...

congratulations of becoming a full time photographer ;)

10:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good pictures! i always thought you might get bored from taking wedding pictures. i read your blog diligently and am excited about our engagement picture session with you.

11:25 AM  
Blogger Brittany Leigh said...

michael!!! these are BEAUTIFUL!!!! I LOVE THEM!!! :) totally love to get in the car and just drive....stopping when something catches my eye! it keeps me freshy creative and abstract...

have fun!
hope all is well!!! tell your family hello for me!

9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home