over and over and over again. There's this ridiculous game going around photography blogs where people tell 8 things about themselves that you probably don't know and then they're supposed to tag 8 others to do the same... we'll I keep on going to my friends blogs only to see my name. First it was Fred Egan
, then David Burke
, then Chrissy
and a few others but I lost track. So I guess I'll play along before I get ostracized from the photography community.
1. I was a cheerleader in high school along with 3 of my best friends. After volleyball (which we all played) season and before baseball (which we all played) season there was basketball. We had a good team that year and we wanted to be able to go to all the games so the 4 of us came up with the idea of joining the cheerleaders. We could all tumble and we learned some really cool stunts... basket tosses etc. So it wasn't girly. It wasn't exactly manly either though I guess.
2. I did ballet in high school. There was this christmas deal at church and my dad told me I had to be involved. There were all kinds of things you could do like acting, production, set design...etc, but when the day came to choose I just followed a group of girls and ended up in the ballet section. My dad was so proud... you should have seen me plie.
3. I was in a band for about 6 years. I toured all over the place and recorded 2 records... one not so good and one pretty good.
4. I was a golf pro for several years during the band years. Golf during the week, music on the weekends.
5. Counting dorm rooms, I've lived in 27 different "homes" My dad is in the army so we moved a lot and as much as I hate moving it seems like we do it every year for some reason or another (mostly because we don't love the house or area we're living in so we try something new). One of these days we'll find a place we really like and settle down. I hope.
6. I have a wicked good sense of direction. It's like Goodwill Hunting and numbers... except with streets.
7. Even though I like them I don't eat popcorn or chew gum. With popcorn I always get the little kernel shells stuck in my gums and can't handle it. It drives me insane. As for gum, I end up chewing it way too long. I forget about it and 7 hours later I'll realize that I'm chewing the same piece of gum and it completely disgusts me. So for preemptive reasons I avoid both.
8. I met my wife on a trip to Sweden when I was 15. We were just good friends for 4 years then we dated and got married when I was 21. Sounds crazy thinking about it now but it sure seemed like the right thing to do at the time. Almost 8 years later, I wouldn't change a thing.
So now I have to choose a few people.Tiffany AicklenCorey McNabbAndy PetersonCraig DavisPriscilla O'sullivanMelissa Rich
oh well that's enough.