Friday, March 07, 2008

House Party

A few nights ago I went over to my buddy, Victor Sizemore's, place. He was hosting a networking party and invited a ton of photographers to come hang out. I went over there expecting to see 20 or 25 people and I thought i'd probably know 2/3s of them. We have a pretty close knit photography community here in Orange County and even if we don't know each other we usually know of each other. When I walked in his door I squeezed my way past all of the people in to the kitchen and finally saw a familiar face. I'm just estimating but there were probably 75-100 photographers there and I might have known 15. It was awesome though. I got to meet a ton of people and put some faces to some names.

I stole these images off of my homeboy Becker's Blog. I brought my point and shoot to take some pictures but when I walked in and saw Becker with the new D3 I just decided to steal some "real" photos off of his blog.

The host, Victor and Becker.


Ohhhh yeah. That's me. That's right.


Becker was testing out the D3 and was putting it through its paces. This was shot at ISO 6400 on AWB with nothing but porch light. Pretty impressive. Here's my boy MA5EN.


The lovely Jessica Claire, who bounced me out of the poker game later that night.

And a big group of new friends. I'm gonna post links to everyone I can. If I miss yours leave me a comment and I'll stick it in.
Christine Farah, Jonilyn Brown, Sarah Chen, Katy Regnier, Kim Le, Serena Grace, Kristi Klemens, Susan Yee, Hannah Suh.


I got to know a ton more people but the only people who gave me cards so I could link them were Marlin Munoz and his lovely wife Marlene, Mark Brooke, and Ellice Schwartz.

It was awesome meeting you guys. Hopefully we'll run into each other in Vegas next week!

8 Comments:

Blogger Dogeared said...

ISO 6400? And that good a photo on that high and AWB? Damn, I'm liking the results of that camera!

I'm still figuring out my Canon Digital Rebel XT (or the EOS 400D as the UK calls it), after just over a year. One day I might read the manual or a photography theory book. But experimenting's such fun, and is getting me good results!

11:44 AM  
Blogger Jonilyn Brown said...

"Are you a photographer?" lol... the was probably the funniest thing I heard all night!

11:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol awesome meeting you, michael! i really still at the party, you know!

p.s. that's TWO e's!

<3 susan YEE ;)

12:20 PM  
Blogger katy said...

Hey Michael, great to see you again at the party! I'm sure I'll see you in Vegas... one week to go!

1:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it was great meeting you michael! you have one of those great personalities that makes you feel like an old friend.

- sarah k chen

9:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it was nice to finally meet you! hopefully we'll run into each other in vegas.

12:05 AM  
Blogger Blah Blah said...

Hey Michael, great seeing you the other night and i'm glad your sunburn healed!

1:12 AM  
Blogger Marlin Munoz said...

Hey Michael, It was nice to meet you, hope to see you again soon!

5:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home