Friday, April 11, 2008

Bummer

This is not what a shutter is supposed to look like.

I had a shoot in LA yesterday and about half an hour into it my camera made the worst noise and quit working. I opened it up to see that my shutter was blown. Thank God I brought backup equipment. Well, I'm off to Canon to get my shutter replaced.

Edited to add:
Well the good news is the folks at Canon were super nice and helpful and even put a rush on it so I can have it before I leave for Texas next week. The bad news is it cost over $600. Wow.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank goodness for backups. I must have just missed you. I just dropped my body off for a sensor cleaning.

11:35 AM  
Blogger Lan Bui (of The Bui Brothers) said...

Backups are important. Thanks for the reminder.

12:24 PM  
Blogger Susie said...

Ouch!

1:33 PM  
Blogger moorephoto said...

YIKES! Good reminder to always remember backup. :)

2:52 PM  
Blogger sarahkins said...

ouch!:( but better than having to replace the whole she-bang!

4:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home