Sunday, April 08, 2007

I'm so rich... or... A perfect day

I coudn't decide what to call this post so you guys can pick the one you like the best.

Ok, its time I introduce you guys to some of the significant people in my life.

My family (mom, dad, sister, brother, me) has a family (mom dad, 4 sisters) that we're best friends with. The 5 of us and the 6 of them, we're all the best of friends. We go on vacations together, spend Thanksgivings and Christmases together. One summer in high school while we we're waiting to move into a new house we even lived together at their home. Well as time has gone on 3 of us kids have gotten married, 2 have boyfriends. (Jeff, my brother and Summer, the oldest sister are still single. Both are attractive and successful in case you know anyone looking) So "the fam", as we affectionately call it, has gotten significantly larger. Sometimes when things grow, what was once great get's diluted and everyone wishes it could go back to the way it used to be. This couldn't be further from the case with this group. All the spouses, boyfriends, and brothers that have been integrated into the group have only added to the amazing times that we have.

We (Cyndie, Makenzie and I) usually go to Rockharbor, which is an amazing church in Orange County, but since it was Easter we wanted to be with our family so this morning we went to church at Saddleback Church in San Clemente. Its not the same Saddleback Church you hear about all the time. This one, while still connected to the "mothership", is a lot smaller and WAY cooler. Travis, one of the guys that married into "the family", is the worship pastor there and he's incredible. He's seriously one of the most gifted musicians I've ever known. If your looking for a church in south Orange County, or just want to hear an INCREDIBLE band, check it out.

After church we went back to Hayley and Travis' house and hung out all day. We ate some great food, watched Makenzie hunt for Easter eggs, and talked for hours. Living in Orange County its so easy to get caught up in being successful, living in a nice house, driving new cars... thinking that what we have isn't enough. Thinking, "if I can just get this or that, then I'll be content". Its days like these that always remind me that what determines your wealth are the people around you.

I'm so incredibly rich.

This was as close to a perfect day as I can remember.

I always think blog entries without pictures are pointless though so I'm going to put up a couple more pictures from Makenzie's photo shoot on Friday. I have a few pictures from today but I'm feeling a little too lazy to get them off my camera. Maybe I'll put some up tomorrow.

Ugh, she's so freaking cute.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

UMMM...You totally set your readers up for some great Easter Family Pictures...and then COMPLETELY let us down. Come on....You're killing me....

9:23 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

You are truly blessed indeed! wishing I was in Cali instead of Canada! Would love to attend that church! :) M is gorgeous!!

9:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Both! You are rich and it was a perfect day!!! She is a total cutie!!!

Angie

9:56 AM  
Blogger tyler hoehne said...

YEAH THE FAM!!!!!!!! your right it was a pretty great day.

4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home