Thursday, July 05, 2007

Its been too long.

Well I'm not dead, I've just been so busy... shooting, traveling, etc., that my blog has been neglected.  I've got some really cool stuff to show you though.  I'll be posting the awesome wedding I shot in Arkansas last weekend later today. 

Yes, Arkansas can be cool.  No, the bride and groom weren't related.  

Every person I told I was shooting a wedding in Arkansas asked me that.  So if you thought that, you're not that funny and you're definitely not original. ;)

After that I'll put up some images from a shoot I had yesterday with this great musician.  We were shooting for his album that's coming out later this year.  I'll fill you in on that when I know more.

I just spent the day with friends and family at the beach swimming, barbecue-ing, watching fireworks.  Its so cliche for the 4th of July but it really was a great day.  Its days like this that help me to realize how great my life is.  In life its so easy, especially as a photographer/business owner, to always be looking forward to the next milestone you're going after and never appreciate the season you're in.  Whether its being published or booking some really great wedding or getting some recognition for my work, I think all the time, "I'll really be happy when _________."  

A few years ago I would drive down to Laguna Beach at least once a week and wander the streets with my camera.  I loved taking pictures.  So every now-and-then when I get in a mood like this, I'll sit back and think about how lucky I am to do something I absolutely love and the discontentment just kind of disappears.  The truth is there are a lot of people who'd love to be in my position.  I'm so blessed.

Anyhow... things are good.  Busy, but good.  I hope you guys had a relaxing 4th, surrounded by friends.  

Come back soon to see some photos.

1 Comments:

Blogger the McWhorters said...

It was a good day ... but Josh and I want a rematch in volleyball.

9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home