Thursday, June 28, 2007

11 years.

Last week I shot Anita and Steven's wedding up in Malibu at Calamigos Ranch.  They've been together for 11 years... since they were in high school.  That's 2 years longer than my wife and I have been together and we've been married for 7 and a half.  The whole day they were so relaxed and just a ton of fun to be around. I had such a great time and felt like family the whole time. They saw each other before the ceremony so we had all kinds of time with the couple alone and with their family and friends. I never push couples into doing that but sometimes it makes the day go a little smoother. Here are some images from the day.

























I love this moment while they're watching the slideshow her brother made for them.
I was trying out a new lighting technique at the reception, I really like it.  Its a little more dramatic than my usual way.  Both have their place but its fun to play around.

And a sweet ring shot to finish it up. 

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know you don't normally answer the "how'd you do that?" questions, so for now I will imagine that you got that aerial shot of the reception table while suspended from a harness hanging from the rafters. Kind of like that scene from the first Mission Impossible when Tom Cruise breaks into the CIA.

9:24 AM  
Blogger sandie jo salisbury said...

I agree with the idea David has about your table top shot from above! you must be really tall. I love your sweet ring shot and the bride in front of the green door!

12:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful!

i particularly love the table from above and rings on pears shots.

9:00 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

these are all wonderful. my favorite though is the one of the reception from floor level. gotta love that angle.

5:35 PM  
Blogger Tracey Kendall said...

i have to just tell you that l have come across and blog and am in love with your work....it inspires me so much. Every photo is stunning and looks so very perfect. I would love to know how you get such a beautiful golden tone to all your photos. The colouring is so warm....could you share a tip...lol

10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home