Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Vanessa and Richard

Ok, I'm almost caught up blogging my shoots from the trip.

While I was in Texas I stayed with my friends Curt and Amy. We all went to college together and were great friends and they continue to be some of the few I keep in contact with. Every year a bunch of guys from the fraternity Curt and I were in get together and go up to one of our fraternity brother's lake house in Oklahoma. Since I've lived in California I've just gone out for a few extra days and hung out with Curt and Amy and their 2 daughters before the weekend. This time I had a few shoots scheduled while I was out there so it worked out nicely.

Sunday after our rainy weekend at the lake Curt, Amy and I drove down to Austin but took a little detour and ate at one of my favorite restaurants in the world, Underwoods! Its seriously the best barbecue in the world. I love that place. It was about an hour and a half out of the way but it was soooooo worth it! Monday we hung out all day in Austin, ate some incredible mexican at the local landmark, Chuy's and then went to meet Vanessa and Richard.

Curt and Amy are both great photographers so I begged them to come along. They humored me and followed me around. Check out some of their shots from the shoot on Amy's blog. I've been begging them to move to California for the past couple of years and this year I actually saw them cracking under my pressure. They belong out here. They don't fit in Texas, haha. Truthfully, I want Amy to come work with me. She's an INCREDIBLE children's photographer, plus it would be awesome for Cyndie, Makenzie and I to get to hang out with them and their girls more often.

After the shoot we went out for some more incredible food at my favorite italian restaraunt, Carrabba's! It was an awesome trip!

Here are a few from the shoot.







Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger tyler hoehne said...

michael, i LOVE your photography, or should i say artography! i really think you captured these twos personalities. great work

12:17 AM  
Blogger Tiffany Aicklen said...

The last two are my favs. I'm glad that you got your underwoods fix . . . you were needing that :) Sounds like such a fun trip!

12:55 AM  
Blogger AmyC said...

Wow, Michael, it's so cool to see the finished photographs after following you around & watching you work. These are really, really awesome. I LOVE that last one! I totally didn't see that at all while we were shooting. Crazy.

And, yes, I'm feeling the pressure, and I so WANT to move out there. Maybe in a few years. :-) Until then, though, you've GOT to start bringing Cyndie & Makenzie out with you.

By the way...I've been thinking about the crab cakes a lot lately! Haha!

9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home