Friday, June 08, 2007

Endren and Caohien's Wedding

After my hellish day of travel back from New York I shot an awesome wedding. The day started with a traditional tea ceremony and lunch. We then all headed over for the ceremony at Wayfarer's Chapel. That place is absolutely incredible. After the ceremony the wedding party went over to Seal Beach for some pictures and then to the reception site. It was a beautiful wedding with incredible venues and vendors. My favorite vendor of the day was Daniel Boswell of DV Artistry. Daniel and his assistant Wes were a ton of fun to be around and did an incredible job with the videography. They do something I've never seen before. They edit footage from the day and show it at the reception. I, as well as many other photographers, do that with images from the day but I've never seen a videographer do it.

In a couple of my packages I offer iPods loaded with images from the wedding, given to you before you leave the reception. Its such a cool thing for couples to be able to take wedding images with them on their honeymoon. I'm sure there are but I don't know of any other photographers doing this.

When I heard Daniel was editing a video for them I had an idea. "Let's put the video on there as well!" Daniel was stoked about it too so after he finished editing the video for the reception he saved another copy for me. We put the video on there with about 120 images the I'd taken and gave it to them as they left for the night.

This has to be the first time EVER, in the history of the world that that's happened. Video and images from the wedding day, given to the couple on the wedding day... on an iPod. Has anyone ever heard of this happening before? I'm really interested to know. I don't think I've ever been the first to do something.

Anyway, here are images from the day.



























Labels:

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We've finally been blogged!!AWESOME!!! We couldn't have asked for more! Can't wait to see the rest of the pictures! THANKS FOR EVERYTHING =)

9:42 PM  
Blogger AmyC said...

Okay...gorgeous!

I LOVE the bouquet shot. LOVE the shot where the bride & bridesmaids are walking & laughing. Too cute.

You got SO many fantastic shots of the entire wedding party! I think my favorite is the one with the four arches...so clever, Michael! I swear...you see the most wonderful, creative things.

1:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Incredible shots of the wedding party. Every single one is awesome. These have got to be the coolest wedding party shots...EVER!
The rest are great too!

2:20 AM  
Blogger Jane said...

michael. it was such a pleasure working with you! you are really really ridiculously talented and the proof is in every photo you take.

You and Daniel's work combined was awesome...i can't wait to see the rest of the photos!


thanks for all your hard work! i would have never known you were working on such little sleep and fueled by your angst for the airline industry. hehe.

5:38 AM  
Blogger Jane said...

oh yeah....where's Elvis??!?!

12:40 PM  
Blogger Priscilla said...

Awesome shots! I love the ones under the boardwalk...very clever of you!

8:34 AM  
Blogger Joyful Weddings and Events said...

They are amazing! I love all of the wedding party pics & the bouquet shot is beautiful! It was such a pleasure to work with you & Trevor & was so fun to be a part of history! :)

8:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't even blog, but I just want to let you know that the pictures are AMAZING. It was definitely worth it hanging out with those flies that day for that picture.

9:44 AM  
Blogger rsr said...

Um...WOW. I am new to your work. Got the link from another photog. Your talent is amazing! You surely have been gifted! And also, I have never heard of the ipod thing...can you patent that idea??? :) I think it would make millions!! I am going to keep an eye on your blog and learn learn learn!! :) Thanks!
Rosie from Chicago

3:52 PM  
Blogger tyler hoehne said...

hi my name is tyler hoehne and i am wedding photographer based in riverside. i aplaude your ipod success but after every wedding i shoot i give the couple a disk with ALL the images from the day, a finished album, a video from the day that i take with my new Canon SD 1000 (the video feature is amazing! check it out), and i thought the ipod thing was a little drab so i give them a sony PSP loaded with all the pictures and a game of their choice so they can entertain themselves after they look at their AMAZING pictures and video. i hope as "Riverside's Premier Wedding Photographer" a title given to me in a review in the local penny saver, i inspire and motivate you, good luck and never stop dreaming.

1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home