Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Supersized post...

...for a supersized engagement.

Last week I met Stefanie and Roy in Manhattan for their engagement session. We started out the session at the World Financial Center, across the street from ground zero. They met there 5 years ago when they were both working on Wall Street. Roy told us his account of September 11... his second day on the job. He was walking between the towers when the first plane hit. Crazy.

We thought it was fitting to begin our shoot where they first met and to get a few shots with the Wall Street Bull.

This is the bench where they would always go to talk when they first met.


Then it was over to Greenwich Village for their favorite pizza place in the world... the famous Joe's Pizza.

Some portraits in Rockefeller Center.

Stopping traffic on 5th Avenue.

The famous Saks Fifth Avenue's "Windows On Fifth"

Then it was off to Central Park. I've never been to Central Park and was in awe of the beauty right there in the middle of the city.








A little subway lovin'


We ended the night in Time Square after an incredible Italian Dinner in the Upper West Side.


Stefanie and Roy showed Cyndie and I such great hospitality and took us around and told us all about the city. It was a great trip. I'll tell you guys about the exciting conclusion to our trip in my next post.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger HC said...

Great shots!!! Don't you just love NYC?! Did you have to get a permit??

4:48 AM  
Blogger AmyC said...

Oh. My. Gosh. NYC loves you! Holy cow, these are AWESOME! Everytime I think, "wow, that's my favorite," I look at the next one & I think the same thing. I LOVE this shoot!

Okay, now about this exciting conclusion...I have a guess, and I SO hope I'm right. You should get postin'!

9:12 AM  
Blogger Shyla said...

YOU ARE A ROCKSTAR!!!! check out those images! **sheesh**

I LOVE 11 and 16!!!

hmmmm.... did I mention you're a rockstar? ;)

11:21 AM  
Blogger david said...

These are ridiculously good.

1:18 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Michael!!
THANK YOU SO MUCH - these pics look so amazing! The shoot was so much fun and we're glad that you and Cyndie had a great time in NYC (although not so much flying back - sheesh!!) We can't wait to see the rest of the pics - thanks for making us feel like a star!

- Stef and Roy

9:03 PM  
Blogger Tiffany Aicklen said...

Wow, what an incredible shoot. I think that "subway lovin" is my absolute favorite. Good goin!

10:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful images. They are such a sweet couple.

4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home